BELTON — A Bell County grand jury Wednesday indicted a Killeen man whom police said raped a 5-year-old girl.
The grand jury indicted Timothy Colt Castleberry, 29, on a charge of aggravated sexual assault, a first-degree felony. If convicted, Castleberry could face life in prison.
Castleberry also is facing another charge of aggravated sexual assault in connection with an alleged rape of a 12-year-old girl. The grand jury has yet to indict him on that charge.
Both charges resulted from a clerk at a local T-Mobile store spotting child pornography on Castleberry’s phone, an arrest affidavit stated.
Castleberry went to the business on Sept. 13 to apply for a job. While there, he asked an employee to put two audio books on his phone.
As the clerk handled the phone, he spotted what appeared to be photos of a young female exposing her breasts and a photo of her performing a sexual act, the affidavit stated.
The employee contacted police, and police were able to identify the girl in the photos. She later told police Castleberry had assaulted her multiple times.
Authorities arrested him Oct. 1.
In further investigation, police interviewed a 10-year-old girl. She told a sexual assault nurse examiner Nov. 5 that in 2007, Castleberry forced her to perform a sexual act on him.
Castleberry has remained in Bell County Jail since Nov. 21 with bail set at $200,000.
The grand jury also returned indictments against the following:
- William Kenneth Rich, 37, of Temple, on a charge of failure to register as a sex offender.
- Jonathon Scott Holleran, 32, of Temple, on a charge of burglary of a habitation.
- Dakota Lee Edward Dale, 17, of Harker Heights, on a charge of possession of a controlled substance, less than 28 grams, in a drug-free zone.
- Kristopher Colt Rowe, 27, of Bartlett, on a charge of possession of a controlled substance, less than 1 gram.
- Leslie Wayne Whiteley, 32, of Temple, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, less than 1 gram.
- William Dudley Hale III, 21, of Temple, on a charge of sexual assault.
- Jeremiah John Leamer, 33, of Harker Heights, on a charge of theft over $1,500.
- Robert Aaron Helms, 27, of Belton, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, less than 1 gram.
- Amanda Nichole Biggs, 24, of Belton, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, less than 1 gram.
- Michael Alan Bray, 21, of Harker Heights, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, 1 gram or more.
- Jerrell Jerome Fowler, 25, of Austin, on a charge of possession of MDMA, 1 gram or more.
- Gary Dion Daniels, 37, of Killeen, on charges of aggravated assault against a public servant and possession with intent to deliver cocaine, 4 grams or more.
Contact Philip Jankowski at email@example.com or (254) 501-7553