BELTON — Willie Frank Roberson, 44, of Temple, pleaded guilty to the June 2013 beating death of Michael Carl Davis, 43, of Temple. The plea was entered in the 264th District Court, which is overseen by Judge Martha Trudo, on Friday.

The case is set for sentencing Sept. 15. Roberson pleaded guilty to beating Davis to death with a baseball bat after a dispute about crack cocaine.

Davis went to Roberson’s home in the 500 block of East Avenue C in Temple to sell crack cocaine to Roberson and his wife, Barbie Lee Frazier, 55, according to court records. After Frazier allegedly agreed to have sex with Davis in exchange for crack, the trio moved into the bedroom.

As Frazier and Davis sat on the bed allegedly smoking crack, Davis told Roberson about a business proposition that he claimed could make the group $450. Roberson declined the opportunity and walked out of the bedroom, according to court records.

Frazier watched as Roberson picked up a baseball bat, walked back into the bedroom and repeatedly struck Davis in the head, according to a statement Frazier gave to investigating officers.

After Davis’ death, Frazier and Roberson decided to confuse the issue and tell the authorities that Davis had attempted to sexually assault Frazier.

Before she called 911, Frazier tried to pull Davis’ pants down and place her own bodily fluids on his corpse, according to her statement.

Officers from the Temple Police Department were dispatched to a report of a possible sexual assault.

While en route, they were informed that the alleged perpetrator of the assault, Davis, was possibly dead and had been struck by a baseball bat.

As part of the investigation into the reported sexual assault, Temple Police officers took Frazier to Scott & White Memorial Hospital for a sexual assault exam.

During the administration of the exam, the investigating officers uncovered inconsistencies in Frazier’s story, they said.

As the investigators pressed Frazier further, the story alleging the sexual assault began to unravel and the story about smoking crack came to light.

Roberson was immediately taken into custody and charged with Davis’ murder. His bail was set at $100,000.

Within a week, Frazier was arrested at a location in the 600 block of South Seventh Street in Temple. She was charged with tampering with physical evidence with intent to impair a human corpse.

Both Frazier and Davis were indicted in July 2013.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.