BELTON — A Bell County grand jury Wednesday indicted a 23-year-old man police said was shot after breaking into a Killeen home in December.
Jonathan Logan Schock, of Killeen, was indicted on a charge of burglary of a habitation.
Killeen police found Schock on the floor of a home in the 2000 block of White Avenue just after 2:25 a.m. Dec. 29, according to an arrest affidavit.
A female resident said she and another male saw Schock open a window and begin yelling at them as he tried to enter the residence.
Despite being told to leave, Schock entered the residence and grabbed the woman, pushing her into a wall.
Another male resident was present and told Schock to stop the assault and leave the residence or he would be shot, the affidavit stated.
A witness told police he heard one of the men tell Schock to leave at least six times.
The Bell County District Attorney’s office confirmed that Schock was shot during the altercation.
The grand jury also indicted the following individuals Wednesday:
- Paveil Dashamon Gilmore, of Harker Heights, on a charge of robbery.
- Chad Lee Cook, 27, of Killeen, on a charge of sexual assault.
- Dustin Wayne Cluver, 26, of Killeen, on three counts of sexual assault.
- Quinton Markeith Timms, 23, of Killeen, on a count of assault on a family or household member, strangulation.
- Isaac Clayton Duncan, 35, of Killeen, on a charge of assault on a public servant.
- Christopher Lee Clay, 29, of Killeen, on a charge of burglary of a habitation.
- Randy Herron, of Killeen, on a charge of aggravated sexual assault of a child.
- Travis Edward Dunson, 30, of Killeen, on a charge of unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon.
- Read nTommy Lorenzo Williams, 53, of Killeen, on a charge of possession of cocaine, less than 1 gram, repeat offender.
- Sarah Rebecca Stirnkorb, 26, of Gatesville, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, 1 gram or more.
- Eugene Platter III, 23, of Killeen, on a charge of possession of cocaine, 1 gram or more.
- Gwendell Eric Foreman, of Harker Heights, on a charge of driving while intoxicated, third or more offense.
Contact Chris McGuinness at firstname.lastname@example.org or (254) 501-7568. Follow him on Twitter at ChrismKDH.