BELTON — A Bell County grand jury Wednesday indicted a Killeen man on two charges of aggravated assault for allegedly striking two men with a tree limb.
The grand jury returned the indictments against 21-year-old William Soloman Walker.
According to an arrest affidavit, two men were attempting to intervene in a vehicle burglary June 9 when the assault occurred. A woman witnessed Walker and another unnamed man breaking into a car in the 1800 block of Trimmier Road.
She told her husband. He and another man then confronted Walker, the affidavit stated.
They detained one man, but Walker got a tree limb and struck one of the men in the face and another in the arm. The victim hit in the head was later diagnosed with a concussion, the affidavit stated.
Walker remains in Bell County Jail with bail set at $200,000.
The grand jury also returned indictments against the following:
- Verdell Brown Jr., 33, of Belton, on a charge of sexual assault.
- Alfredo Gonzales Jr., 19, of Belton, on a charge of burglary of a habitation.
- James Leonard Malady, 26, of Temple, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, less than 1 gram.
- David Ray McGuire Jr., 23, of Temple, on a charge of aggravated kidnapping.
- Michael Clayton Robinson, 35, of Temple, on a charge of theft of a firearm.
- Eric Del-Von Malone, 31, of Harker Heights, on charges of forgery by making and credit card abuse.
- John Michael Clay, 44, of Harker Heights, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, 1 gram or more.
- Anthony Dwayne Holmes, 24, of Killeen, on a charge of unlawfully carrying a weapon on licensed premises.
- Teaquah Diontre Robinson, 21, of Oklahoma, on a charge of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon.
- Tyrone William Hatcher, 36, of Killeen, on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon with bodily injury.
- Evita Natassia Hernandez, 32, of Killeen, on a charge of driving while intoxicated with a child passenger.
- Jamoni Renard Johnson, 23, of Austin, on a charge of unlawful possession of a firearm by felon.
- Lawshawn Marquise Lewis, 22, of Killeen, on a charge of burglary of a habitation.
- Michael Todd Thigpen, 37, of Chilton, on a charge of driving while intoxicated, third or more.
Contact Philip Jankowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or (254) 501-7553. Follow him on Twitter at KDHcrime.