A Killeen man was arrested after police, who investigating reports of gunshots, said they found a plethora of drugs in his apartment.
Killeen police responded to the call at an apartment in the 700 block of Santa Rosa Road just after 1:15 a.m. Monday.
An officer who entered the apartment to conduct a welfare check detected an odor of marijuana coming from a bedroom closet, according to an arrest affidavit.
After obtaining a search warrant, police opened the closet and found a safe. Inside the safe they found three large plastic bags of hydroponic marijuana, a small plastic bag of cocaine, a small bag of pills and $1,000.
According to the affidavit, each bag of marijuana weighed about 4 ounces, and cocaine weighed 5.3 grams with packaging. Deondre Hill, 30, was identified as the person who lived in the apartment. His name was also found on an insurance policy documents found inside the apartment.
Hill was arraigned Wednesday by Justice of the Peace Bill Cooke on a charge of possession of marijuana in an amount of 5 pounds or less, but more than 4 ounces, and a charge of possession of cocaine in an amount of more than 4 grams, but less than 200 grams.
Cooke set Hill’s bond at $100,000.
Cooke also arraigned Markus Conrad Mckee Wednesday on an unrelated charge of unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon. Cooke set McKee’s bond at $25,000.
Area police reports indicated:
- A burglary of a vehicle was reported at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of Harbour Avenue. A Visa gas card was taken.
- A burglary of a habitation was reported at 12:19 Tuesday in the 4400 block of Deek Drive. Three video game systems valued at total of $700 were taken.
- A burglary of a vehicle was reported at 12:59 p.m. Tuesday in the 2100 block of Robert E. Lee Drive. A debit card was taken.
- Criminal mischief was reported at 2:20 p.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of West Dean Avenue. A front door was damaged.
- A burglary of a habitation with forced entry was reported at 1:20 p.m. Tuesday in the 6600 block of Deorsam Loop. Am iPad, two flat-screen televisions, two video gaming systems, a laptop and a digital camera were taken.
- A burglary of a habitation with forced entry was reported at 3:17 p.m. Tuesday in the 2400 block of Kick Circle. A projector, video game system, stereo system, tools and a set of car keys was taken.
- A burglary of a habitation with forced entry was reported at 5:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 6700 block of Deorsam Loop. Jewelry valued at $1,500 was taken.
- A theft of a vehicle was reported at 3 a.m. Tuesday in the 2300 block of Botanical Drive.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 3:23 a.m. Tuesday in the 2000 block of Dickens Drive.
- A theft, misdemeanor shoplifting, was reported at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday in the 4800 block of Westcliff Road.
- Possession of marijuana under two ounces was reported at 10:07 a.m. Tuesday in the 3500 block of Dustin Court.
- False statement to obtain property or credit was reported at 12:13 p.m. Tuesday in the 1500 block of South Fort Hood Street.
- A forgery was reported at 2:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of East Hallmark Avenue.
- A theft, misdemeanor, was reported at 4:12 p.m. Tuesday in the 1400 block of Lowes Boulevard.
- Possession of marijuana over four ounces was reported at 4:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 4300 block of Zephyr Road.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 4:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of Gemini Lane.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 5 p.m. Tuesday in the 3300 block of East Rancier Avenue.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 10:25 p.m. Tuesday in the 5900 block of Flag Stone Drive.
- An assault by contact was reported at 11:09 p.m. Tuesday in the 3300 block of Edgewood Drive.
- A burglary of a residence was reported at 1:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 2600 block of Snow Bird.
- A forgery of a government document/money/security was reported at 10:03 a.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of North First Street.
- A theft of a wallet and currency was reported at 11:40 a.m. Tuesday.
- A theft of an air compressor reel was reported at 7:36 p.m. in the 2000 block of East U.S. Highway 190.
Contact Chris McGuinness at email@example.com or (254) 501-7568. Follow him on Twitter at ChrismKDH.