A 38-year-old man is facing a felony charge after police said he assaulted a woman and threatened her with a butcher knife.
Kevin Tirrell Swafford was arraigned on a felony charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon by Justice of the Peace Bill Cooke on Thursday.
According to an arrest affidavit, Killeen police responded to a report of a domestic assault at a residence in the 1300 block of Willow Springs Road in Killeen.
Officers observed a woman who had multiple injuries to her face including swollen eyes, lips and knots and bruises on her forehead and cheeks.
The woman, identified as Swafford’s girlfriend, told police that he struck and kicked her multiple times, the affidavit stated.
She also said Swafford displayed a large butcher knife and stated “I might as well kill you.”
Officers later arrested Swafford as he was driving in his vehicle in the 2900 block of Elms Road in Killeen.
Cooke set Swafford’s bail at $100,000.
Cooke also arraigned the following individuals on unrelated charges.
- David Lamar Boykin, 31, on a charge of injury to a child. Boykin’s bail was set at $50,000.
- Sarah Rebecca Stirnkorb, 26, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine in an amount of 1 gram or more, but less than 4 grams. Stirnkorb’s bail was set at $30,000.
- Steven Lee Hardy, 22, on nine charges of burglary of a vehicle, one charge of burglary of a habitation and one charge of possession of marijuana, less than 2 ounces. Hardy’s total bail was set at $755,000.
Area police reports indicated:
- A burglary of a residence was reported at 5:35 a.m. Wednesday at an apartment in the 2800 block of Cherry Lane. The resident said suspects forced their way into his home. The report indicates that the victim was hit during the burglary.
- A burglary of a habitation with forced entry was reported at 11:56 a.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of Metropolitan Avenue. Several guns and electronics were taken. No arrests were made.
- A burglary of a habitation with forced entry was reported at 3:25 p.m. Wednesday in the 3200 block of Tallwood Drive.
- A burglary of a habitation with forced entry was reported at 4:29 p.m.Wednesday in the 1500 block of Iris Avenue. Latent fingerprints were found, but no arrest was made.
- Criminal mischief was reported at 3:55 a.m. Thursday in the 300 block of Root Avenue.
- A theft of currency was reported at 6:12 a.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of West Washington Avenue.
- A burglary of a residence, stolen television, was reported at 7:38 a.m. Wednesday in the 1400 block of Janet Lane.
- A burglary of a residence was reported at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 1500 block of Maya Trail.
- A forgery was reported at 4:57 p.m. Wednesday in the 3900 block of Hickory View.
- An unlawful restraint was reported at 7:10 p.m. Wednesday in the 1700 block of Verna Lee Boulevard.