A Kempner man is behind bars after police said he tried to cash a forged check from a dead individual.
Timothy Christopher Albert, 24, was arraigned by Bell County Justice of the Peace Bill Cooke on Wednesday on a charge of forgery, a state jail felony.
According to an arrest affidavit, Albert attempted to cash an $850 check on Dec, 10, 2010, at the drive-thru service area of Union State Bank in Killeen.
After the check was cashed, a bank employee discovered that the account was invalid, and asked Albert to give the money back. Albert drove away, the affidavit stated.
An investigation revealed that the payee of the check was deceased.
A thumbprint on the check was matched to Albert, the affidavit stated.
Albert is currently in Bell County Jail. Cook set his bail at $20,000.
Area police reports indicated:
- The unauthorized use of a vehicle was reported at 1:04 p.m. in the 400 block of North Second Street Tuesday. The vehicle was taken without permission by an unknown person.
- Criminal mischief was reported at 7:37 p.m. at Firestone Tire Co. in the 600 block of North Eighth Street Tuesday. Two windows were broken, and no arrests were made.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 2 a.m. Tuesday in the 2800 block of Kerrville Court.
- Possession of drug paraphernalia was reported at 4:06 a.m. Tuesday at the intersection of 18th Street and East Rancier Avenue.
- A theft, misdemeanor, was reported at 8 a.m. Tuesday in the 1700 block of Florence Road.
- Driving while license suspended was reported at 8:16 a.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of East Elms Road.
- Reckless driving was reported at 10 a.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of South W.S. Young Drive.
- A theft was reported at 11:17 a.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of North 38th Street.
- A theft, misdemeanor, was reported at 12:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 1400 block of Lowes Boulevard.
- A terroristic threat was reported at 1:27 p.m. Tuesday in the 2100 block of South W.S. Young Drive.
- A theft, misdemeanor shoplifting, was reported at 2:40 p.m. Tuesday in the 1400 block of Lowes Boulevard.
- An illegal smoking product was reported at 3:14 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Daffodil and Poppy drives.
- A theft, misdemeanor shoplifting, was reported at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 2100 block of South W.S. Young Drive.
- Criminal mischief was reported at 7:31 p.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of North Eighth Street.
- An open container was reported at 8:28 p.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of Crockett Drive.
- Displaying a license plate assigned to another vehicle was reported at 10:46 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of South Second Street and Priest Drive.
- A forgery of a financial instrument was reported at 8:33 a.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of East U.S. Highway 190.
- A burglary of a building, stolen breaker box, was reported at 10:50 a.m. Tuesday in the 3400 block of Horizon Street.
- Possession of a controlled substance was reported at 4:14 p.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of South 25th Street.
- A burglary of a residence, stolen currency and cell phone, was reported at 10:27 p.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of Lincoln Avenue.
- A burglary of a residence was reported at 7:15 a.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of Brittney Way.