Three soldiers were arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman in Austin in 2012.

Two of the soldiers are staff sergeants at Fort Hood, according to police documents. The third is stationed at Fort Sill, Okla., and is being held in Oklahoma.

Police charged Perris L. Dumas, Marcus Vincent Davis and Timothy Randolph Slack with sexual assault. Each faces two to 20 years in prison if convicted.

The charges stem from an alleged assault that occurred Feb. 25, 2012, at a hotel near downtown Austin. Police believe Dumas, 30, Davis, 32, and Slack, 33, assaulted a heavily intoxicated woman after meeting her at Sixth Street’s bar district.

The victim contacted police the morning after the alleged assault. She had woken up that morning in a hotel room at a Days Inn and found some of her clothes had been removed. She later told police she was still intoxicated from the previous night, according to arrest affidavits.

The woman saw three men in the room. The men refused to give her their names when she asked. She then took a taxi to her home.

While at her home, she began to remember what happened the previous night. At her family’s urging, she called Austin police, the affidavit stated.

The woman told police she had flashbacks about what occurred. She had been drinking alcohol at various bars on Sixth Street with a friend.

She recalled walking for a long time, and then flashes of men having sexual intercourse with her. At one point she shouted “no” at one of the men and told police she never consented to having intercourse with any of them, the affidavit stated.

The victim undertook a forensic exam at an Austin hospital, where investigators collected DNA samples from her genitals.

Police interviewed the victim’s friend who had accompanied her the night of the alleged assault. She stated they were standing outside a bar when three men approached them and began to flirt.

She did not want to be around the men, so she took the victim, who was highly intoxicated, to another bar across the street. She sat the victim at a table for a few minutes to talk with a friend.

When she returned, the victim was gone, the affidavit stated.

Surveillance footage from the Days Inn showed three black males escorting the victim to a room the night of the incident. Guest records showed the room was registered to Dumas, the affidavit stated.

Four days after the assault, Dumas contacted the victim. Detectives then recorded a conversation between Dumas and the victim in which he joked about how intoxicated she had been that night and that his two friends had forced themselves upon her. He also said he engaged in a sexual act with the victim, the affidavit stated.

Dumas initially refused to cooperate with Austin police. However, when he was arrested in December, he agreed to give police a statement.

Dumas identified Slack and Davis as the other two men in the room. On March 11, police received test results matching DNA collected from the suspects with samples gathered from the victim’s genitals.

Dumas posted bail from Bell County Jail on Dec. 22 after his arrest Dec. 20.

Davis, who was arrested by Killeen police March 12, was released on $75,000 bail the next day, the Austin American-Statesman reported. Slack, who was arrested March 13, was released to Fort Sill military police custody Monday, according to Comanche County Detention Center records. His bail was set at $75,000.

Contact Philip Jankowski at or (254) 501-7553

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.