BELTON — A Bell County grand jury indicted two 17-year-old men Wednesday for allegedly robbing a man at gunpoint and stealing his Cadillac.
Xavier Jevon Reese and Marion Cortez Robinson Jr. each face a charge of aggravated robbery. A third juvenile suspect also was arrested in connection with the incident.
The three are believed to have robbed and shot at a man near the intersection of 38th Street and Turner Avenue on Aug. 15 in Killeen.
The victim pulled his car up to his home in the 3400 block of Turner Avenue when a man he later identified as Reese walked up to him and asked for a cigarette, an arrest affidavit stated.
Reese then pulled out a black pistol and threatened to shoot the man unless he handed over his personal belongings and got out of the vehicle. The two other males then got inside the Cadillac and all three drove off.
The victim began to chase the suspects in a second car he owned and called police. As he followed the teenagers, one of them fired four shots at his vehicle. The suspects stopped the vehicle at an apartment complex in the 300 block of Liberty Street, the affidavit stated.
There police received another 911 call from Reese, who told officers he had been robbed. Police found his cellphone inside the Cadillac.
Reese’s story had inconsistencies, and when officers showed him to the victim, the man identified Reese as the teenager who pointed a pistol at him.
He also identified the juvenile and said Robinson looked similar to the third suspect, the affidavit stated.
The grand jury also returned indictments against the following:
- Lamar Deruinte Harris, 30, of Killeen, on a charge of possession with intent to deliver cocaine, 4 grams or more.
- Joey Jerome Key, 43, of Killeen, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, less than 1 gram.
- Terel Alexander Trimble, 25, of Killeen, on a charge of evading arrest with a motor vehicle.
- Lori Lee Rocha, 27, of Edinburg, on a charge of possession of marijuana, 5 pounds or less.
- Daniel Medina, 26, of Edinburg, on a charge of possession of marijuana, 5 pounds or less.
- James Armando Leza, 40, of Temple, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, less than 1 gram.
- Ruben Dee Freeman, 38, of Temple, on a charge of assault on a public servant.
- David Joseph Hillman, 31, of Temple, on a charge of burglary of a habitation.
- April Renee Beck, 30, of Temple, on a charge of forgery by passing.
- Stoney Levi Reed, 30, of Harker Heights, on a charge of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
- Andrew Alejandro Solis-Valencia, 27, of Killeen, on charges of fraudulent use of identifying information and theft over $1,500.
- Bobbi Andrea Jarvis, 29, of Killeen, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, less than 1 gram.
- Casey Michelle Rhea, 30, of Copperas Cove, on a charge of possession of cocaine, less than 1 gram.
- David Mark Grunden, 42, of Copperas Cove, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, less than 1 gram.
- Damon Armard Stanford, 30, of Killeen, on a charge of assault with previous conviction.