A Killeen woman is behind bars after she attacked a woman with a knife, according to police.
Karena Antoinette Dupree, 21, was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Garland Potvin on Tuesday on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Potvin set Dupree’s bond at $100,000.
On June 19, a Killeen police officer met with the victim, a woman, at Metroplex Hospital.
The woman told the officer she was seeing some friends at a residence in the 4900 block of John David Drive in Killeen when she saw Dupree walk toward her vehicle, according to an arrest affidavit.
The victim stated that Dupree was going to scratch her vehicle and slash the tires.
When she attempted to stop Dupree, she was slashed on the arm with a knife, the affidavit stated.
The officer observed the woman had an inch-long gash on her arm. The officer went to the residence on John David Drive and observed a blood trail that went from the front door of the home, and across the front yard to the sidewalk.
A witness saw Dupree punch the woman and slash her with the knife, the affidavit stated.
Potvin also arraigned the following individuals on unrelated charges Tuesday:
Christopher Durham, 41, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine in an amount of less than 1 gram. Durham’s bond was set at $20,000.
Tristan Anthony Moore, 27, on a charge of possession of cocaine in an amount of 1 gram or more, but less than 4 grams. Moore’s bond was set at $50,000.
Jessica Nicole Route, 29, on charges of possession of cocaine in an amount of 1 gram or more, but less than 4 grams and assault on a public servant. Route’s total bond for both charges was set at $150,000.
Area police reports indicated:
- A burglary of a vehicle was reported at 3:28 p.m. Monday in the 1700 block of East Stan Schlueter Loop. A wallet, purse and personal identification cards were taken.
- A burglary of a habitation with forced entry was reported at 5:20 p.m. Monday in the 2200 block of Athens Street. A laptop, jewelry and two flat-screen televisions were taken. No arrest was made.
- A burglary of a habitation with forced entry was reported at 9:03 p.m. Monday in the 4200 block of Alleeta Drive. A laptop, a television, two 9 mm handguns and a .308 rifle were taken from the residence. No arrests were made.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 1:12 a.m. Monday in the 800 block of Draco Drive.
- Fraudulent use or possession of identifying information was reported at 7 a.m. Monday in the 2800 block of Cedar Circle.
- A burglary of a vehicle was reported at 9 a.m. Monday in the 900 block of Terrace Drive.
- Criminal mischief was reported at 9:15 a.m. Monday in the 3100 block of Atkinson Avenue.
- A theft, misdemeanor, was reported at 10 a.m. Monday in the 800 block of North Gray Street.
- A theft, misdemeanor pocket picking, was reported at 1:31 p.m. Monday in the 2000 block of East Central Texas Expressway.
- A theft, misdemeanor shoplifting, was reported at 1:33 p.m. Monday in the 1600 block of Lowes Boulevard.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 2:25 p.m. Monday in the 2700 block of Asa Drive.
- A theft, misdemeanor shoplifting, was reported at 2:29 p.m. Monday in the 2100 block of South W.S. Young Drive.
- A theft under $50 was reported at 2:30 p.m. Monday in the 1400 block of Lowes Boulevard.
- A burglary of a vehicle was reported at 3:05 p.m. Monday in the 1700 block of East Stan Schlueter Loop.
- A false statement to obtain property or credit was reported at 4:08 p.m. Monday in the 400 block of North Second Street.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 7:55 p.m. Monday in the 3600 block of Northcrest Drive.
- An assault with bodily injury was reported at 9:20 p.m. Monday in the 1000 block of East Side Drive.
- Fraudulent destruction, removal or concealment was reported at 10:10 p.m. Monday in the 1400 block of Lowes Boulevard.
- Evading arrest with a vehicle was reported at 11:33 p.m. Monday at the intersection of Daisy Drive and West Jasper Drive.
- A theft of service was reported at 9:55 a.m. Monday in the 400 block of Indian Oaks Drive.
- A theft of a cellphone was reported at 9:59 a.m. Monday in the 100 block of Crenshaw Circle.