A Killeen woman at the center of a domestic dispute that turned deadly Saturday was arrested.

Alexandria Tammy Hampton, 25, is accused of stabbing the same man she quarreled with prior to the shooting death of Veronica Denise Avant.

Court records also showed Hampton was denied a civil claim against the same man just five days before the homicide at his house.

Police charged Hampton’s ex-boyfriend Harry Alvin Parsons, 27, with felony murder for allegedly shooting Avant twice after Hampton had a loud argument with Avant’s son Saturday. Avant, 48, died at Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center while in surgery.

On the night of the shooting, Hampton was at a home in the 500 block of Esther Circle speaking with a man. When Avant’s son — who is also Hampton’s ex-boyfriend — arrived at the residence with another woman, Hampton became irate, an arrest affidavit stated.

A neighbor said she was escorted from the property, and the situation appeared to calm.

But several minutes later, Hampton returned with Avant’s alleged killer in a car that followed. Parsons is accused of shooting at Avant’s son multiple times, following him into the apartment where he shot Avant twice during an altercation in the living room.

Police arrested Parsons on Sunday in Round Rock. He was booked into Bell County Jail on Tuesday night with bail set at $1 million. He was visiting the area from Newport News, Va., when he allegedly killed Avant.

Police arrested Hampton on Monday at a residence in the 700 block of North Twin Creek Drive in Killeen.

She is accused of stabbing Avant’s son multiple times during a May 4 incident at Hampton’s apartment in the 4100 block of Pilgrim Drive in Killeen.

When police spoke with Hampton, she claimed Avant’s son broke several items in her apartment and attempted to rape her.

Several of the items covered up blood drops resulting from stab wounds, leading investigators to conclude the items was knocked over after the stabbing occurred, an arrest affidavit stated.

Avant’s son sustained four stab wounds to his hand, arm and back.

Hampton refused to provide a statement to police regarding her allegation that she was sexually assaulted, the affidavit stated.

Justice of the Peace Bill Cooke arraigned Hampton on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Cooke set her bail at $500,000.

Hampton filed a lawsuit in small claims court against Avant’s son May 14. She claimed he damaged the front door, walls and a laptop during three separate incidents at her home, including one on the day of the alleged stabbing. A judge dismissed the claim June 3.

Contact Philip Jankowski at philipj@kdhnews.com or (254) 501-7553

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.