- Low-income families struggling with getting their children ready for school are invited to Made of Gold Day. Event is from 2:30 to 7 p.m. today at Double Laced at 4304 E. Central Texas Expressway in Killeen. Made of Gold Music will be distributing to more than 80 school bags filled with school supplies. There is a limit of two school bags per family. Children receive free haircuts, food and beverages and other giveaways. Call Darryl Leonard at 254-466-6671 or email email@example.com.
- The 26th annual KidFest Health and Safety Fair is from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. at the Killeen Civic and Conference Center, 3601 S. W.S. Young Drive, Killeen.
This is an afternoon of games, activities, demonstrations, entertainment, music and snacks. Free school immunizations, health screenings and safety education available.
Contact Shelley Humphrey by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 254-519-8316.
- Eureka Lodge No. 1020 in Killeen will host the group’s second annual Back to School Jamboree at Long Branch Park in Killeen. The group will give school supplies to children in Killeen and surrounding areas. The event is from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Hot dogs, chips and drinks will be served.
- The third annual Back to School Buzz is from 2 to 7 p.m. at Grace United Methodist Church in Copperas Cove, 101 W. Ave. F.
The event features free school supplies, haircuts and food, while supplies last.
The public is welcome.
Children must be present to receive school supplies.
Tuesday through Saturday
- For a quarter, prekindergarten through college students will receive a basic haircut during the “Old Days Price” special at OG’s School of Hair Design.
The 25-cent basic haircuts are being offered from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, and from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
College students must present ID. No appointment is required.
OG’s School of Hair Design is at 2501 S. W.S. Young Drive, Suite 302, Killeen. Call 254-526-4339 or email email@example.com.
- Greater Killeen Free Clinic 20th anniversary celebration Thursday.
Block party in downtown Killeen is from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. There will be food and music.
Metroplex Health System will be conducting free health screenings and free children’s immunizations.
Vendors can call 618-4211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Angelic Couture Boutique is having a Back to School raffle at 1 p.m. Aug. 23. Ten young ladies, ages 13-17, will be given one outfit each.
No purchase is necessary. Identification is required and student must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
Entry deadline is 7 p.m. Friday.
Register during store hours from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, at 1206 W. Jasper Drive, Suite F, in Killeen. Call 254-245-8738.
Contact Teresa Tankersley at email@example.com or (254)501-7542â€‹