The Killeen school board will review a “strategic plan” for the Killeen Independent School District’s special education department at the board’s monthly workshop meeting today.
The new plan is the result of a six-day planning process that took place in June, district officials said in a statement Monday.
“The purpose was to develop a three-year plan for KISD’s special education department, utilizing input from multiple internal and external audits and sources of information,” officials said. “The plan will provide guidance, direction and metrics to address identified areas of improvement in delivering educational services to students with disabilities and their families.”
The plan is scheduled to be unveiled at today’s workshop meeting, which begins at 6 p.m. at the Killeen administration building located at 200 N. W.S. Young Drive.
To view the agenda, go to http://bit.ly/2a90ZqM.
Last year, at this time, Diana Miller, assistant superintendent for curriculum and instruction, presented the board with a compliance action plan to address the shortcomings of the special education department following an investigation of the department by the Texas Education Agency.
The school board approved the compliance action plan in July 2015. To read more, go to http://bit.ly/2af1zrl.
The board is also expected to review the budget at the meeting tomorrow.
In other business, the board will discuss and review the following items:
- Alamo Insurance Group presentation of employee health care plan year 2017 request for proposal results.
- Property and mechanical breakdown/boiler insurance recommendation for the 2016-2017 school year.
- Proposed changes to the KISD student code of conduct for the 2016-2017 school year.
- Memorandum of understanding with the Killeen ISD Education Foundation.
- Metroplex Behavioral Health Center and Killeen ISD interactive agreement.
- Memorandum of understanding with Magellan Health Services for the 2016-2017 school year.
- Resolution recognizing extracurricular status of the Bell County, Texas, 4-H organization and an adjunct faculty agreement for 2016-2017.
- Lease agreement with Communities in Schools of Greater Central Texas Inc. for the 2016-2017 Connections Program at East Ward Elementary School.
- Before-school and after-school student care services — contract award recommendation.
- Maintenance agreements for Alice W. Douse elementary school No. 34 and Roy J. Smith middle school No. 13.
- KISD board audit committee appointments and review of board audit committee charter.