The Central Texas College Continuing Education Department announced recently it is offering a variety of new classes this month ranging from exercise to art to business.
Registration is under way for noncredit courses in the fields of professional development and career training, personal enrichment and classes for children and senior adults.
Some of the new classes include:
- Cardio Kickboxing: This high-impact class offers a combination of jumps, kicks, punches, blocks and stances for a full-body workout. The class is Monday/Wednesday, Jan. 14 to Feb. 11, from noon to 1 p.m. The cost is $35.
- Pilates Matwork: A workout for the mind and body that will strengthen, lengthen, stretch and tone your body. The class will improve muscular endurance and flexibility with an emphasis on the core. The class meets every Tuesday, Jan. to Feb. 5, from 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. the cost is $25.
- Pre- and Post-Natal Yoga: This gentle class is effective in keeping you toned as you prepare for or recover from child birth. It will help improve your mood, reduce lower back pain, tone your lower body to handle the demands of labor and birth, make it easier to lose weight after birth and help strengthen the upper body to lift and hold your baby. The class meets every Thursday, Jan. to Feb. 7, from 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The cost is $25.
- Introduction To Sign Language: Learn the basics of American Sign Language as this course focuses on basic conversational signs and finger spelling. Students will also explore deaf etiquette and culture. The class meets Monday/Wednesday, Jan. 28 to Feb. 25, from 6 to 8 p.m. The cost is $45.
- Unpack Your Emotional Suitcase: Learn tools and techniques to reduce anxiety, stress, overwhelming emotions and how to process past experiences so they no longer affect your everyday life. The class is from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Jan. 26. The cost is $99.
- Portraiture in Acrylic: Explore the skills needed to create amazing portraits by studying anatomy of the face, learning proper proportions, conveying expression and bringing it all to life with a splash of color. The class meets every Wednesday, Jan. 16 to Feb. 13. The cost is $55.
- Effective Learning Strategies: Learn key strategies and self-management skills to insure your success in college and academics. Emphasis is given to getting the most from reading your textbook, effective listening for taking notes that really count, elements of effective writing, test-taking strategies and overcoming test anxiety. The class meets Monday/Wednesday, Jan. 28 to Feb. 6, from 6 to 8 p.m. The cost is $45.
- Effective Market Research: Learn to develop and conduct focus groups, create effective surveys and organize and interpret data. The class meets Tuesday/Thursday, Jan. 29 to Feb. 7, from 6 to 8 p.m. The cost is $45.
- Super Bowl Extravaganza: Show off your team spirit by preparing a variety of mouth-watering appetizers for the big game. You’ll make chicken lollipops, stuffed jalapenos, crab and avocado profiteroles and white wings. The class is Jan. 26 from noon to 6 p.m. The cost is $69.
A variety of other classes are also offered this month including Core Strength and Conditioning, Zumba, Water Fitness, Salsa Dancing, Basic Photography, Bellydance, Computer Concepts, Graphic Design with Adobe Photoshop, Car Maintenance Basics, Piano and Guitar lessons, Beginning Knitting and Crocheting, Beginning German and Reflexology.
For a complete list of available classes, go to www.ctcd.edu/ce or call (254) 526-1596.