Evacuated students from Trimmier Elementary School were cleared to return to class this morning after a fire alarm was pulled at 10:34 a.m.

A classroom began filling with smoke and firefighters were dispatched to the school, according to fire officials on the scene. The students were evacuated.

The cause of the smoke was determined to be a malfunctioning air conditioning unit on the rooftop. The issue was taken care of and students re-entered the building at 11:10 a.m.

 

No injuries were reported.

Contact Holly Wise at hwise@kdhnews.com or (254) 501-7555

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.