Evacuated students from Trimmier Elementary School were cleared to return to class this morning after a fire alarm was pulled at 10:34 a.m.
A classroom began filling with smoke and firefighters were dispatched to the school, according to fire officials on the scene. The students were evacuated.
The cause of the smoke was determined to be a malfunctioning air conditioning unit on the rooftop. The issue was taken care of and students re-entered the building at 11:10 a.m.
No injuries were reported.
Contact Holly Wise at firstname.lastname@example.org or (254) 501-7555