BELTON — An early morning structure fire sent one person to the hospital.

Belton firefighters were dispatched to a fire at residence in the 100 block of Palmetto Drive just after 5 a.m. this morning.

It took firefighters 43 minutes to get the blaze under control. One person received second-degree burns and was transported to Scott & White Memorial Hospital, officials said.

Temple firefighters also assisted, and the house received severe smoke and fire damage.

Contact Chris McGuinness at chrism@kdhnews.com or (254) 501-7568. Follow him on Twitter at ChrismKDH.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.