By Amanda Kim Stairrett
Killeen Daily Herald
FORT HOOD — Post officials are investigating an artillery accident that sent four civilian subcontractors to the hospital on Thursday.
A round came up just short of a range impact area at about 4 p.m. in the Brookhaven Multi-Use Range Complex, said Maj. Jay Adams, a III Corps and Fort Hood spokesman.
The subcontractors were performing routine maintenance when the live round hit.
The workers were transported to Gatesville, where they were treated for non-life threatening injuries and released.
Adams described the injuries as concussion-like, with ringing in the ears.
Adams would not specify which unit was conducting the training, only saying that said it
was a III Corps artillery unit.
The commander of the unit involved in last week's incident immediately ceased the training, and Adams said he didn't have information on whether those soldiers have resumed training.
Read more in tomorrow's edition of the Herald.