FORT HOOD — About 11 a.m. Tuesday, Fort Hood's Directorate of Emergency Services responded to a maintenance facility adjacent to a dining facility at Headquarters Avenue and Mohawk Drive on West Fort Hood for a possible hazardous material, according to a statement from III Corps.
A 1,000-foot area around the dining facility was cordoned off as a safety precaution. The Fort Hood Fire Department and Emergency Medical Services treated two conscious people for possible carbon dioxide inhalation.
Officials received an elevated carbon dioxide reading from the area, according to a statement from III Corps. By late afternoon, the area was still cordoned off as crews searched for the source of the elevated carbon dioxide.
— Rose L. Thayer