Killeen firefighters were called to a grass fire in the backyard of a home in the 1200 block of Karen Street about 1 p.m. Friday. Killeen Fire Department investigator Chris Mahlstedt said a faulty power transformer likely started the fire.
No structures were damaged, and no one was injured. The response involved multiple firefighters, vehicles, heavy equipment and police. Mahlstedt said the large response was due to the number of nearby homes and Palo Alto Middle School. The blaze was extinguished within a couple of hours.