The Killeen Fire Department was called out to Clifton Park Elementary School this afternoon after reports of smoke coming from the ceiling.
Firefighters arrived at the school shortly after 2:30 p.m., and determined the smoke was caused by a malfunctioning heating unit located above the false ceiling.
The school initiated student release procedures at 3:10 p.m. and district officials said students would be returning to the school Monday
Contact Chris McGuinness at firstname.lastname@example.org or (254) 501-7568. Follow him on Twitter at ChrismKDH.