• December 18, 2014

Killeen FD called to local elementary school

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Friday, September 20, 2013 3:54 pm | Updated: 4:36 pm, Fri Sep 20, 2013.

The Killeen Fire Department was called out to Clifton Park Elementary School this afternoon after reports of smoke coming from the ceiling.

Firefighters arrived at the school shortly after 2:30 p.m., and determined the smoke was caused by a malfunctioning heating unit located above the false ceiling.

The school initiated student release procedures at 3:10 p.m. and district officials said students would be returning to the school Monday

More about

More about

More about

Rules of Conduct

  • 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
  • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
  • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
  • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Welcome to the discussion.