The Killeen Fire Department was called out to Clifton Park Elementary School this afternoon after reports of smoke coming from the ceiling.

Firefighters arrived at the school shortly after 2:30 p.m., and determined the smoke was caused by a malfunctioning heating unit located above the false ceiling.

The school initiated student release procedures at 3:10 p.m. and district officials said students would be returning to the school Monday

Contact Chris McGuinness at chrism@kdhnews.com or (254) 501-7568. Follow him on Twitter at ChrismKDH.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.