LAMPASAS — County Commissioners decided Monday to let voters choose the fate of a tax freeze for seniors age 65 and older. The issue has been emotionally charged for those supporting the idea; however, the county could lose as much as $1.2 million if the tax freeze is implemented.
The freeze would benefit 14.7 percent of the county’s residents who are in the 65-and-older tax bracket, but those opposed are worried about the financial strain it would place on the remaining 85.3 percent of the county’s wage-earning population.
You must login to view the full content on this page.
Or, use your linked account: