Some voters can request absentee ballots by Oct. 27.
Here is some voter information. For early voting times and polling places in three counties, see our separate list.
• A ballot by mail may be requested if a voter expects to be absent on Election Day, Nov. 7, or during the hours of early voting; those who are 65 years of age or older; disabled; or in jail.
• The application deadline for a ballot by mail is the 11th day prior to Election Day. The early voting clerk must receive the application by Oct. 27.
• Applications may be mailed via the U.S. Postal Service.
• In Coryell County, the address is P.O. Box 6, Gatesville, TX 76528.
• The application may be faxed to the early voting clerk at 254-865-2519.
• The ballot may be mailed to an address outside the county.
• Ballot by mail requests can be found at: http://bit.ly/2ytBMrc.
• A signed and scanned image of the application may be emailed to the early voting clerk firstname.lastname@example.org.
• In Bell County, absentee ballot applications should be submitted to:
• Bell County Elections Department, P.O. Box 1629, Belton, Texas 76513.
Who can vote
• Residents in the City of Copperas Cove may vote for any and all elections in Places 5, 6 and 7. Copperas Cove voters are not required to live within a specific area to vote for these seats.
• Voters in Gatesville Independent School District can vote for up to three candidates in the school board election.
• Nolanville residents can vote on the contested council race and a proposition to fund road repairs and maintenance.
• Voters statewide, including all of Bell, Coryell and Lampasas counties, can vote for seven state constitutional amendments.
What identification do you need
Proper identification is required, including a Texas driver’s license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety; Texas election identification certificate issued by DPS; Texas personal identification card issued by DPS; Texas license to carry a handgun issued by DPS; United State military identification card with photo; United States citizenship certificate containing a photograph; and a United States passport.
Are you are registered to vote, or need information on absentee ballots or wonder who is on your ballot? Go to www.kdhnews.com/centerforpolitics to find out.