The annual Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area’s “Nature in Lights” 5.5-mile-long holiday light trail is open every day from 5:30 to 11 p.m., including Christmas Eve and Christmas, until Jan. 7.
The cost for one car, minivan or pickup is $15, which is an increase in price from years past.
Fifteen-passenger vans, limos or RVs are $30. Twenty-four-passenger vans pay $50, and 47-passenger vans or larger buses pay $75.
- Killeen’s 55th “Magic of Christmas” parade begins at 4:30 p.m. Saturday in downtown Killeen. For information, call 254-501-7878.
- Temple’s 71st annual Christmas Parade will kick off with a tree lighting in front of the Municipal Building on Adams Avenue at 6:15 p.m. today. The parade will start at 6:30 p.m. at the intersection of East Adams Avenue and Eighth Street and will proceed west along Adams past the Municipal Building. For more information, call 254-298-5440.
- Vive Les Arts Children’s Theatre will be performing “A Charlie Brown Christmas” Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the theater, 3401 South W.S. Young Drive. Friday and Saturday shows are at 7 p.m. and Sunday shows at 2 p.m. Tickets for adults are $14, senior/military/student tickets are $12, and youth tickets are $10.
- The Salado Christmas Stroll is Friday through Sunday. Local stores will stay open late for Christmas shopping, live music can be found on South Main Street, a nativity scene at the First Baptist Church parking lot will be set up, funnel cakes and kettle corn can be purchased from food tents outside the Strawberry Patch parking lot and Main Street will be decorated with lights.
- Tablerock Amphitheater on Royal Street in Salado will host the 25th annual performance of “A Christmas Carol” at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Tickets can be purchased at the gate on the night of the performance and are $10 for adults, $5 for students and $3 for children 12 and younger.
- The 14th annual Frost Fest will be from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday at the Market Heights parking lot, 201 E. Central Texas Expressway, Harker Heights. Activities include free hot chocolate and cookies, music by Skye Strickler, a wreath-decorating contest, a synthetic ice-skating rink, visits with Santa and a Holiday Farmers Market. Visitors can also bring a new, wrapped toy to the fire department drop-off area for the Santa Pal program.
- Lampasas Christmas on the Creek will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday at W.M. Brook Park. Visitors can expect live music, food trucks and Santa’s Village.
- H-E-B and the city of Killeen will host the 10th annual Feast of Sharing from 4 to 8 p.m. Dec. 12 at the Killeen Civic and Conference Center, 3601 S. W.S. Young Drive. The event is open to the public and will include a free holiday meal, activities and entertainment.
- “The Most Wonderful Show of the Year” Christmas variety show will be at Vive Les Arts Theatre in Killeen at 7 p.m. Dec. 14-16. Tickets can be found at www.vlakilleen.org.
- The third annual Santa Paws Holiday Market is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 16 at AmeriStor Self Storage, 2010 E. Elms Road, Killeen. Pets are welcome.
- St. Joseph Catholic Church Altar and Rosary Society is hosting the 49th annual Christmas Bazaar from noon to 3 p.m. Dec. 16 and from 8 a.m. to noon Dec. 17. A Christmas cafe, pictures with Santa and vendors selling crafts and other items will be available.
- The annual Wreath Project, which prepares and places holiday wreaths at each grave at the Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery, will need volunteers for wreath retrieval at 10 a.m. Jan. 13 at the Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery, 11463 State Highway 195.