At Özkonak Pudding Shop, heaven is a place on Earth. Here, you can eat chicken for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert (yes, even dessert). Tavuk göğsü, aka “chicken breast pudding,” is a sweet Turkish delicacy dating way back to the Ottoman Empire. And, no one knows the recipe quite like Mahmut Tak, master chef and second-generation owner of Özkonak Pudding Shop. Having kept his family’s signature dish alive for so many years, he hopes to continue to spread the love for this delicious, nutritious, Turkish treat.
This story is a part of our Flavors series, where we do so much more than play with our food. Come with us as we dive into deliciously different and tastefully off-beat stories in the culinary world.
Got a story idea for us? Shoot us an email at hey [at] GreatBigStory [dot] com
Follow us behind the scenes on Instagram: http://goo.gl/2KABeX
Make our acquaintance on Facebook: http://goo.gl/Vn0XIZ
Give us a shout on Twitter: http://goo.gl/sY1GLY
Come hang with us on Vimeo: http://goo.gl/T0OzjV
Visit our world directly: http://www.greatbigstory.com
- Cove woman faces multiple charges
- Woman arrested in connection to massage parlor stings
- Killeen toddler dies in pool
- Cove teen charged with sexual assault of a child
- Police, SWAT search of Central Texas massage parlors among several in state
- Copperas Cove man sentenced for sexual assault of a child
- Cove 18-year-old dies after accident in Williamson County
- Killeen bank robber in federal custody
- Shoemaker HS students intrude Palo Alto Middle School, at least one cited
- Buckley upsets incumbent Cosper in HD 54 runoff
Shortly after noon Tuesday, the Copperas Cove Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire at 705 Mickan Street. Upon arrival, fire fighters also discovered the house at 703 Mickan Street ablaze.
The Killeen City Council will receive an update on the fiscal year 2019 municipal budget during a special workshop today following the council’s regular voting meeting.