Nolanville City Council met Thursday night and voted unanimously to take on a trial personnel policy. Mayor Christina Rosenthal, who was absent at the meeting, submitted the agenda item, according to city officials. The policy requires council members to notify Nolanville City Manager Stephen Pearl, City Secretary Crystal Briggs or Rosenthal two days prior to their absence. According to city charter, council members must forfeit offices if they are absent at three consecutive regular meetings without being excused.
- Individual in Sunday shooting related to KPD employee
- Two Killeen officers face brutality suit over ‘body slam’ of KISD student
- Police arrest 2 Mississippi murder suspects in downtown Killeen
- 4 arrested in connection with robbery in Killeen
- Ex-wife suspected in former KISD teacher’s slaying
- 27-year-old man killed after argument on Cedar Drive
- Alcohol 'possible contributor' to fatal crash Sunday
- Sister of man in fatal wreck: ‘This is not what he ever wanted to do’
- Child abandoned at day care, father apprehended, officer injured
- 12-year-old, man shot during custody dispute
The Killeen Seventh-day Adventist Church, at 4700 E. Rancier Ave., invites all area residents to its International Thanksgiving Family Reunion, beginning at 11 a.m. Saturday.
Items are needed for the annual Community-Wide Thanksgiving Basket Benefit in Copperas Cove. The event is from 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday at the Copperas Cove Civic Center, 1206 W. Avenue B.