- Submitted projects
- Temple — Widening State Highway 317 from Farm-to-Market 2305 to Oak Hills Drive to make the roadway a four-lane street with a raised median. Projected cost: $1.5 million from Category 7 Funding and a $1.5 million match.
- Belton — Extension of the West Ninth Avenue and overpass project that will construct a bridge across Nolan Creek to connect State Highway 317 and Loop 121. Projected cost: $2.9 million of Category 7 funding and a $3 million match.
- Killeen — Widening Trimmer Road from Jasper Road to Elms Road. It would increase the street to six lanes on the north and south sides of U.S. Highway 190 and improve access lanes. Projected cost: $2 million of Category 7 funding and a $6.2 million match.
- Harker Heights — Farm-to-Market 2410 phase 1, to reconfigure and add lanes over U.S. Highway 190 and create a dedicated left turn lane. Construction would run from Highland Oaks Boulevard to Commercial Drive. Projected cost: $3.5 million of Category 7 funding and $1 million match.
- Copperas Cove — The addition of a lane on Courtney Lane between Farm-to-Market 116 and Fairbanks to include a right turn lane to be added for westbound traffic on Courtney Lane. It also would replace curb and sidewalk ramps and driveway reconstruction in the area. Projected cost: $218,000 of Category 7 funding and a $54,000 match.
Source: Killeen Temple Metropolitan Planning Organization
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 4:30 am
Updated: 11:09 am, Thu Feb 13, 2014.
Posted on Jun 30, 2013
The five largest cities in the Killeen Temple Metropolitan Planning Organization are vying for portions of about $5.8 million in federal transportation funds the authority will distribute by the end of the year.
“The KTMPO policy board approved that 90 percent of the federal dollars would be spent on road construction and 10 percent on transit,” said Mark Collier, a senior regional planner with the organization.
Or, use your
Contact Mason W. Canales at email@example.com or (254) 501-7474
More about Usd
Sunday, June 30, 2013 4:30 am.
Updated: 11:09 am.