Area voters will elect municipal and school leaders today in Killeen, Harker Heights, Lampasas and other area cities. Polling places will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Killeen City Council: Terry Clark and Mike Lower are facing each other in the election for District 3. It is the only contested race in the city, though voters in all four Killeen districts will weigh in on 33 city charter amendments.
Killeen ISD: Two places on the Killeen Independent School District Board of Trustees are up for election. Lan Carter is challenging incumbent Shelley Wells for Place 1. John Gilmore is challenging incumbent Susan Jones for Place 2.
Harker Heights City Council: Stu McLennan, Hal Schiffman and Donald Sandlin are vying for Place 1, the only contested slot this year.
Lampasas City Council: While four seats are on the ballot, only two are contested. James Finley is challenging Mayor Jerry Grayson, and incumbent Place 1 Councilman Wesley Alexander is running against Wanda Bierschwale, a former councilwoman.
Where to vote today
Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Precinct 106: Transforming Life Fellowship, 4107 Westcliff Road
- Precinct 109: St. Joseph Catholic Church (Parish Hall), 2903 E. Rancier
- Precincts 201/204: Fire Station No. 3, 700 Twin Creek Drive
- Precinct 205: Jackson Professional Learning Center, 902 Rev. R.A. Abercrombie Drive (this is a new location)
- Precincts 206/402/409: Killeen Senior Center at Lions Club Park, 1700 E. Stan Schlueter Loop
- Precinct 207: Copper Mountain Library, 3000 S. W.S. Young Drive
- Precincts 203/208/209/210: Cedar Valley Elementary School, 4801 Chantz Drive
- Precinct 404: Fire Station No. 7, 3701 Watercrest Road
- Precinct 405: Robert M. Shoemaker High School, 3302 Clear Creek Road
- Precinct 406: Central Fire Station, 201 S. 28th St.
- Precincts 407/412/413: Haynes Elementary School, 3309 W. Canadian River Loop
- Precinct 408: Fire Station No. 5, 905 W. Jasper Drive
- Precinct 410: Fire Department Support Facility, 114 W. Avenue D
- Harker Heights Recreation Center, 307 Miller’s Crossing
- New Covenant Church, 1604 Central Texas Expressway
Contact Brian Bradley at email@example.com or (254) 501-7567