WEATHER

Cloudy skies with chances of rain — and a small chance of severe storms — are expected to blanket the Killeen area for the next week, forecasters say.

“It’s not going to be a complete washout,” said meteorologist Juan Hernandez of the National Weather Service station in Fort Worth. “The storms will come in batches and each will have different intensities.”

The chance of rain Thursday is about 40 percent and will begin in the evening around 8 p.m., he said.

Hernandez said severe weather — including hail and tornadoes — is possible Thursday and Friday, but the chance was low.

“After (Thursday), the next chance of rain will be Friday during the day (40 percent) and then Saturday will have the highest rain chances (60 percent) and will probably begin in the afternoon and continue overnight,” Hernandez said. “Our forecast shows a week out, and there is even a 20 percent chance of rain Monday and a 30 percent chance Tuesday.”

There is also a 30 percent chance of storms during Sunday morning, which are expected to give way to clear skies for the rest of the day.

Wednesday had a recorded rainfall of .02 inches in Killeen.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.