(NAPSI)—Spending quality time with your family, cheering on your favorite team, can be even more fun when you bake great big game snacks.
Here are two kid-friendly tailgating snacks that can please the crowd yet are easy enough to prepare, so your little ones can help.
Bread Bowl With Beau Monde Dip
Yield: Bread bowl with 1½ cups dip
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Rise Time: 25 minutes
Bake Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Cool Time: 30 minutes
Chill Time: 30 minutes
1 package Fleischmann’s Simply Homemade No Knead Bread Mix, any flavor
Beau Monde Dip:
⅔ cup mayonnaise
⅔ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon chopped green onion
1 tablespoon Spice Islands Parsley
½ teaspoon Spice Islands Beau Monde Seasoning
½ teaspoon Spice Islands Dill Weed
Prepare bread according to package directions, forming into a 6-inch round. After baking, let bread cool at least 30 minutes.
Cut 1 inch off the top of the loaf using a serrated knife. Carefully remove pieces of bread, leaving about a -inch shell.
Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, green onion, parsley, Beau Monde seasoning and dill weed in a small bowl. Cover and chill a minimum of 30 minutes to blend flavors.
Fill bread bowl with dip. Cut bread removed from the bowl and the top into bite-size chunks. Serve with the dip for dunking.
Taco Crunch Mix
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 18 cups
4 cups corn and rice cereal squares
3 cups pretzels
3 cups bite-size corn tortilla chips
3 cups cheesy fish-shaped crackers
3 cups wheat snack crackers
1 cup salted peanuts
½ cup butter OR margarine
½ cup Karo Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
¼ cup brown sugar
1 package (about 1.25 ounces) taco seasoning
Mix cereal, pretzels, tortilla chips, crackers and peanuts in a large, greased roasting pan.
Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add corn syrup, brown sugar and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Pour over cereal mixture, tossing to coat well.
Bake at 350º F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Cool, stirring frequently. Store in tightly covered container.
Tailgate Party Planning Tips
A great tailgating party, however, needs more than marvelous food. Here are five hints to help you keep the game day fun and festivities going strong for everyone:
1. Dress up as your team’s mascot or wear your team’s colors.
2. Set up a tailgating tent and decorate it with your team’s colors. This will make your party easier to find. Get paper plates and cups with the team logo. Be sure to have plenty of napkins and paper towels.
3. Play a few little games while awaiting the big game. For entertainment before and after the game, try board games and beanbag toss.
4. Time your party at the stadium to start at least three to four hours before kickoff to get a good spot in the parking lot.
5. If there are any leftovers, make sure they are put into a tightly sealed container and kept chilled while you are at the game.
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)