(Family Features) Savoring a flavorful, homemade pie is the perfect way to end any gathering during the holidays. While apple, pecan and pumpkin are go-to favorites this time of year, introducing holiday-inspired flavor twists is perfect for those who crave a little variety.
"You'll love the smooth layers of rich chocolate and the crunch of pecans seasoned with cinnamon and allspice in this easy-to-make pecan pie," said Mary Beth Harrington of the McCormick Kitchens. "I like to bring this pie as a hostess gift, too - the additional ingredients give it a unique, memorable touch."
Make any pie holiday-worthy by topping each piece with an extra-special homemade whipped cream flavored with Vanilla Extract. Try other festive varieties like candy cane, cocoa cinnamon and eggnog.
Recipe: Decadent Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, (from 14.1-ounce package)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 9-inch deep dish pie plate with pie crust. Bake 7 minutes. Remove crust from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Meanwhile, microwave chocolate chips and milk in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Pour chocolate evenly over crust.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Slowly pour mixture over chocolate layer. Place ring of foil around edges of crust to prevent over-browning.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until filling is puffed and center is still soft enough to move when shaken gently. Cool completely on wire rack.