For the chocolate lover this Christmas! These cookies combine dark chocolate, butter and your choice of nuts (walnuts, pecans or almonds). Yummy!
- 1 bag DOVE® Brand Miniatures Dark Chocolate
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups chopped nuts: such as walnuts, pecans or toasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 sheet pans with foil and set aside.
- Melt half of DOVE® Brand Miniatures Dark Chocolate with butter in top of double boiler until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, roughly chop remaining chocolates and set aside.
- To make batter, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in small bowl; set aside. In large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thick and light yellow, about 2 minutes. Stir in flour mixture and cooled chocolate and beat 1 minute. Fold in remaining chopped DOVE® Brand Miniatures Dark Chocolate.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto prepared cookie sheet pans about 2 inches apart. Bake approximately 10 minutes, or until just firm. Remove from oven, transfer to wire rack and cool 5 minutes before removing from pans.
Makes 36 cookies