(BPT) - Summer is just around the corner, which means it’s time to get ready for the fun-filled months ahead. From barbecues to sporting events and family vacations, summer can be the busiest time of year for families — but, there are some easy tips and tricks you can use to stay on top of a busy routine. Take it from busy mom, entrepreneur, philanthropist and lifestyle blogger Samantha Busch, who manages to juggle it all while traveling around the country with her husband, stock car driver Kyle Busch, and their 3-year-old son, Brexton.
“With racing season in full swing and summer quickly approaching, Kyle, Brexton and I are always on the move,” she says. “The key is staying connected and communicating — and I rely on my smartphone to do just that. I keep things on track with my clothing line, update my blog on the fly, find fun places to explore with my son, and stay in touch with friends and family — regardless of where I’m traveling any given week.”
Here are five tips from Samantha to manage a busy routine this summer:
1. Plan ahead: If I know we have a busy week ahead, I do as much as I can to prepare in advance. If it’s before a trip, that might mean researching fun places to explore with my son. Now that we have Brexton, things have changed in many ways with how we travel, including where we choose to stay and what we do during our downtime on the road. So I rely on my smartphone to search for kid-friendly activities and places in advance.
2. Multitask during downtime: If you’ve ever seen me at a race, you know that I am usually on my phone — I love to watch Kyle’s races, but I also use that time to get things done — from updating my blog, to responding to emails and interacting with fans on social media no matter where I’m at. Just because I’m not home doesn’t mean my business or charitable foundations stop running. I love Walmart Family Mobile because families can get Truly Unlimited talk, text and data? at 4G LTE† speeds for only $49.88/month.
3. Say no sometimes: Do you ever feel like you’re constantly on the move and there’s never enough time to get it all done? We’ve all been there. We get caught up in various activities and suddenly we look up and the summer is halfway over. Remember that it’s OK to say no. Whether it’s an event you’ve been invited to or a nagging chore on your list, give yourself permission to say no and don’t give it a second thought.
4. Stay connected: Over the years, I’ve learned that communication is key when juggling a busy schedule and keeping in touch with family and friends on the road. Thankfully smartphones make it easy to keep loved ones in the loop by sending a group text or using photo sharing apps to share new memories together. With affordable family plans and multi-line discounts, Walmart Family Mobile makes it easy for the whole family to stay connected.
5. Take a family break: Summers are so jam packed that it’s hard to find time to spend as a family. Take a break from your daily to-dos and plan an activity or trip that allows you to stop and spend quality time together. Whether it’s one day or an entire weekend, try not to think about any responsibilities, just focus on relaxing and making special memories as a family.
This summer, focus your energy on adventures, making memories and sharing time with those you love most. Walmart Family Mobile makes it easy for families to stay connected and maximize savings for summer fun. You can get two Truly Unlimited lines? for less than $75 per month. Or you can add up to four additional lines to any unlimited plan for just $24.88 per line. To learn more about unlimited family plans from Walmart Family Mobile, visit your local Walmart or check out www.myfamilymobile.com.
?Plus taxes and fees. Additional lines must be of equal or lesser value. Add up to four additional lines for only $24.88/mo. each line.
*?Please refer always to the latest Terms and Conditions of Service www.myfamilymobile.com.
† To get 4G LTE speed, you must have a 4G LTE capable device and 4G LTE SIM. Actual availability, coverage and speed may vary. During periods of congestion, Walmart Family Mobile customers may notice reduced speeds versus carrier branded customers. LTE is a trademark of ETSI.
?Does not include tethering. Video typically streams at DVD quality.