• April 18, 2014

Texas Thunder likely to close after August

Track’s promoter says landowners have sold property to developer

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2013 4:30 am

“See her while you can.” — Baylor Lady Bear basketball coach Kim Mulkey late-season comment on superstar Brittney Griner.

“I guess that fits us, too.” — Texas Thunder Speedway co-announcer Ken Essenburg

Subscription Required

An online service is needed to view this article in its entirety. You need an online service to view this article in its entirety.

Have an online subscription?

Login Now

Need an online subscription?

Subscribe

Login

Choose an online service.

    You must login to view the full content on this page.

    Thank you for reading KDHNews.com free articles on our site. You can come back at the end of your 30-day period for another 20 free articles, or you can choose a subscription at this time and continue to enjoy valuable local news and information. If you need help, please contact our office at 254-634-2125. You need an online service to view this article in its entirety.

    Have an online subscription?

    Login Now

    Need an online subscription?

    Subscribe

    Login

    Choose an online service.

      More about

      More about

      More about

      Rules of Conduct

      • 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
      • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
      • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
      • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
      • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
      • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

      Welcome to the discussion.

      3 comments:

      • JohnnyinHarkerHeights posted at 1:30 am on Sat, May 25, 2013.

        JohnnyinHarkerHeights Posts: 41

        I don't understand why you hate good old American capitalism.

        Clearly the speedway could not match the potential of the retail space, so it has to go.

        Everyone has had things they enjoy, but ended up losing for one reason or another.

        That KDH actually felt Lombardi's self-indulgent navel gazing about his losing his precious race track was worth printing and sharing with its readers is pathetic.

         
      • ranknfile posted at 12:34 pm on Wed, May 22, 2013.

        ranknfile Posts: 12

        The Noise was Disturbing the Biscuit Heads (Our Heroes) LOL So whatever they want they get all it takes is a little Whining. Just wait one out of every 3 cars you see will have a DV plate do they deserve it about 5% do the other 95% are Full of SH*T they just want the Cash, Just because you served a few years in the Army doesn't mean the Gov. owes you for the rest of your life.

         
      • AshlieTolliver posted at 12:51 pm on Mon, May 20, 2013.

        AshlieTolliver Posts: 1

        I am completely opposed to this. We built our home in goodnight ranch because of the location! We were happy to be further away from heavy traffic areas (think Trimmier), and we are in a low crime neighborhood. A huge store like Walmart, HEB, or Target will increase traffic, increase crime, and lower property values in our neighborhoods! There is a Walmart 4 miles away, keep the speedway! The noise and dust are not huge problems, they are not constant!

         

      Featured Events