Even though ice cream is my favorite food, I know it’s not a good idea to eat it every day.
And even when I do indulge, I try to keep the sugar and fat content to a minimum. That’s why I enjoy frozen yogurt.
While it’s certainly not the same as ice cream, it’s a great substitute.
Raspberry frozen yogurt is my favorite because it’s a little tangy. I also enjoy blueberry and strawberry.
You can use the recipe below to make all three, simply swap out with your berry of choice or try a combination of all three.
With less than 100 calories per serving, it’s a dessert I can enjoy guilt-free.
Make ahead: The plain yogurt needs to be frozen for 30 minutes before blending. The soft-serve is best on the day it’s made.
- ½ cup plain Greek-style nonfat yogurt
- ½ cup frozen (unsweetened) raspberries
- Scant ½ teaspoon powdered stevia, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar/syrup (optional)
- Freeze the yogurt for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a mini food processor or blender. Add the raspberries and powdered stevia; blend until smooth. Taste, and add stevia or agave nectar, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Makes: 1 serving
Nutrition per serving: 97 calories, 12 g protein, 12 g carbohydrates, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 4 g dietary fiber, 7 g sugar