To the Editor:
Mr. Kifer’s letter in Sunday’s (July 28) paper has inspired me to write my own letter thanking Mr. Obama.
1. I am grateful to Mr. Obama for the sequester. The extra day off each week gives me a chance to get caught up on things around the house. The 20 percent pay loss stinks, but it is just my sacrifice to buy Obama phones for the welfare drones who vote for him.
2. I’m grateful that, while Mr. Obama can’t keep the White House open for tours or pay my salary, he can give millions to our enemies in Egypt and the Palestinian territories, as well as taking million-dollar vacations where his dog gets his own aircraft.
3. I’m grateful that he has protected the rights of mothers to murder their babies. Nothing says “presidential leadership” like endorsing infanticide.
4. I’m grateful that Mr. Obama promised that Detroit would not go bankrupt. Too bad that he was both wrong and did nothing about it.
5. I’m thankful for Obamacare, which works exceptionally well for his big donors who magically got exceptions and the 74 percent of small business who cut their employee’s hours or fired workers to get out from under it.
6. I’m thankful for the $6 trillion in debt that Mr. Obama has piled up for this country, so my grandchildren know they can never achieve the level of prosperity this generation has seen.
7. And, of course, I’m thankful that Mr. Obama let those four people die in Benghazi.
As former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said later, what does it matter who did it?
Michael C Phillips