To the Editor:
In response to Mr. Powell’s letter in the July 14 paper, I’d like to ask the following questions.
1) What is wrong with requiring an abortion clinic to meet the same standards as any other medical clinic?
Doesn’t Planned Parenthood make enough money from our taxes to afford this?
2) What is wrong with requiring the doctor performing the abortion to be a qualified medical doctor, or is Kermit Gosnell the acceptable standard for abortion doctors?
3) Isn’t 20 weeks enough time for a mother to decide whether or not to murder her child?
4) If you say you don’t like abortion, but that the woman should have the final decision, doesn’t that mean that you really do support abortions?
5) Finally, who will speak for the baby?
It seems to me that the Democrats are more than willing to destroy the life of the unborn, since they don’t vote.
The state of Texas has done a great thing, and I am personally grateful to those who stood for life, not death.
Michael C. Phillips