- Progressive relaxation (start at your toes and work up to your head, tightening and releasing the muscles in each area).
- Squeeze a ball or lemon.
- Take a deep breath, tuck in your tummy and count to 10. Then, breathe out slowly and count to 10. Think the word, “calm”, then the word, “serene.” Other calming words work, too.
- Exercises such as muscle stretching, yoga, sports.
- Meditation and/or prayer.
- Visualize a scene that is pleasant, soothing, or brings back happy memories.
- Express yourself through art, writing or a hobby.
- Plan your time and prioritize.
- Pace yourself. Take one step at a time.
- Cognitive restructuring — changing your perception of the situation can reduce or eliminate stress.
- Tell yourself that this, too, shall pass.
- Understanding and managing the stress you can’t avoid (permanent situations).
- Stand up and stretch.
- Stand up and smile!
- Find humor in situations.
- Positive social interactions — do something fun.
- Take a short, brisk walk.
- Spend time enjoying nature and the outdoors.
- Dance or do aerobics.
- Games and puzzles.
- Do something that changes your focus, e.g, take a bathroom break, get a glass of water. When you come back to the problem, chances are it won’t seem nearly as insurmountable.
- Sleep on it. Take a second look tomorrow.
- Create time for self-reflection.
- Discover your vision, values and purpose. Take responsibility for creating the life you want.
- Take time to smell the roses. Do something enjoyable each day.
- Positive thinking — find the “silver lining.” Find the good in your stressful situation.
- Dare to say, “No.” Set limits.
- Be assertive but not aggressive (express your feelings without offending others).
- Quit blaming yourself when you really had no control over the situation.
- Be pro-active in finding peace
- Find people who can nurture and support you and learn to trust appropriately
- When you need help, get help. Counseling can help you to understand the root causes of stress and find solutions.
- Get a good night’s rest
- Eat healthily. Avoid sugar and caffeine. Drink water and juice instead.
- Listen to your favorite music
- Talk to a friend about your problem, don’t hold it in
- Get a massage
- Take a warm bath — use your favorite bath fragrance, candles, lotions
- Read a book
- High School
- Outdoor Sports
STOCKHOLM (AP) — A Swedish industry group says a court ruling that drones with cameras must have a license under the country's surveillance la…
- Updated: 6:15 am
- Comments (0)