• September 25, 2016

Naser Jason Abdo

Gun used in shooting bought at Guns Galore

The gun used in Wednesday’s Fort Hood shooting was purchased at the same gun store where former Army Maj. Nidal Hasan bought the firearms he used in 2009.

Abdo’s life term stands

Former Pfc. Naser Jason Abdo spends 23 hours a day indoors, where he stares at the sky through a 4-inch by 4-foot window, lies on his concrete bed or walks around the confined space of his nearly all-cement cell.

Court rejects Abdo's appeal

The U.S. 5th Circuit Court on Monday rejected an appeal by would-be terrorist  Naser Jason Abdo, upholding his conviction on several counts related to an attempt to kill Fort Hood soldiers.

As trial looms, be vigilant for terror threats

Last August, Killeen police officers visited area businesses and restaurants asking staff to keep their eyes open for any suspicious behavior.

Boston on minds of today’s Army Marathon participants

Brad Flack has been training for his first marathon for four months.

Herald editors select biggest local stories of past year

The past year has been an eventful one in Central Texas, with the opening of a new hospital, the election of a new Killeen City Council six months after a recall vote and the opening of a new Killeen campus for Texas A&M University-Central Texas.

Back-to-back life terms for Abdo

WACO -- Asking the court for no mercy and stating that he lives in the shadow of Maj. Nidal Hasan, Pfc. Naser Jason Abdo was sentenced to back-to-back life sentences Friday.

Abdo gets 2 life sentences plus 60 years

WACO -- A federal judge has sentenced Army Pfc. Naser Jason Abdo to a pair of life sentences plus another 60 years in prison for his role in a plot to detonate a homemade bomb at a Killeen restaurant last year.

More Articles
Pfc. Naser Jason Abdo

Pfc. Naser Jason Abdo is seen June 14, 2011, in Nashville, Tenn. Abdo, an AWOL soldier, was sentenced to life in prison Friday.

AWOL soldier defiant in court

The silhouette of former Army soldier Naser Jason Abdo can be seen in July 2011 as U.S. Marshals transport him to an undisclosed location in Waco after he was arraigned in a U.S. District Court on a charge of possession of an unregistered destructive device.

More Images