COPPERAS COVE — The City of Copperas Cove is giving residents more information about a program that is designed to help Oncor electric customers save more money on their power bills.
The City Council recently voted to promote the Texas Power Switch program by publishing information to its website and holding informational town halls. The first of those town halls will be held from 6 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Technology Center, 508 S. Second St.
Information posted to the city’s website says the program can save customers up to $375 on their electric bills. It encourages residents to investigate the program, noting that the more eligible electric customers sign up, the better chance there is of obtaining a competitive rate from electric providers who will bid in an upcoming auction.
The city is not paying any money to be part of the program and is not receiving any money for helping to promote it. There is also no cost to those who choose to participate.
A spokesman for the Texas Power Switch program emphasized during a City Council meeting in December that the program is optional in two ways. Residents have to choose to register for the program to be able to take advantage of rate that is received during an upcoming auction. Those who register do not have to accept the rate offered following the auction and can simply choose to continue with their current electricity provider.
The following information for registering for the Texas Power Switch was provided by the city:
- Have an electricity bill handy and visit www.texaspowerswitch.com/copperascove.
- Register for free before January 27, 2020. It only takes a few minutes.
- The Texas Power Switch will organize an auction among electricity providers and the lowest rate wins.
- Participants will receive a personal offer email by February 14, 2020 and then decide whether to accept the offer or not. There is no obligation to switch.
- The Texas Power Switch team will take care of the entire switching process.
- For those who have already participated in a previous program, please keep in mind that re-registration is required anytime there’s a new auction.
Questions about the program can be emailed to email@example.com. More information is available by calling 888-376-2077.