Pope Francis on Saturday accepted a resignation request from a German bishop who asked to step down because of his mistakes in handling sexual abuse cases. Franz-Josef Bode became the bishop of Osnabrueck, Germany, in 1995. He said in a personal statement that his decision to resign “has matured in me in recent months” and he hoped it would have a liberating effect on the diocese. Bode explained that an interim report released in September had revealed his errors. He acknowledged his responsibility as a bishop and said, “Today, I can only ask all those affected again for forgiveness.” The German Bishops' Conference said Francis accepted Bode's resignation on Saturday.
- Harker Heights football coach accepts position in DFW area
- Greater Killeen-Fort Hood Weekly Bowling Report for March 21
- Kipp and Babcock take 3X9 Series win with 20.52 pounds
- 12-6A SOFTBALL: Heights uses pair of 7-run innings to trounce Temple 18-3
- BOB MAINDELLE: Local kids land 838 fish over spring break
- 22-5A SOFTBALL: Belton routs Shoemaker 15-4 for fifth straight victory
- Pantherettes pound Copperas Cove 21-1 in battle for 12-6A lead
- Barnes brothers win 3X9 Series' second event
- 22-5A BASEBALL: Law shuts out Wolves as Broncos get series sweep
- 10 area lifters qualify for state boys powerlifting meet
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.