Chrislyn Carr scored 11 of her 17 points in the third quarter to propel Louisville to a 62-55 upset of No. 11 North Carolina, ending the Tar Heels’ eight-game winning streak. Hailey Van Lith also had 17 points for the Cardinals. Deja Kelly scored 13 points for the Tar Heels (17-6, 8-4) and Paulina Paris added 12 points. Paris hit North Carolina’s only 3-pointer with 6:10 to play to cut the deficit to 51-50 but Carr hit her fifth 3-pointer and North Carolina struggled to find the basket. The Tar Heels missed their next four shots, finished 5 of 14 for the quarter and 33% (19 of 57) for the game, missing 11 3-pointers. The Cardinals only shot 34% (19 of 56) but eight makes were behind the arc.
- 22-5A GIRLS BASKETBALL: Ellison dominates Killeen 56-27 in battle of first-place teams
- Ellison clinches share of district title with win over Shoemaker
- Ellison's Keller sets school career scoring record in win over Chaparral
- MIDDLE SCHOOL BASKETBALL: Walker's 16 helps 7A Lions earn win
- Waco University wins at Chaparral, eliminating Bobcats from 22-5A race
- Lampasas girls upend No. 24 Marble Falls for share of 24-4A lead
- Badgers begin 2nd half of 24-4A play with much-needed win
- FRIDAY (Feb. 3) HIGH SCHOOL SCORES
- Surging Tigers win 65-43 at Lake Belton
- Lady Roos climb back into 1st place with 54-46 win at Shoemaker
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.