A Connecticut jury is expected to hear closing arguments Thursday in conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ defamation trial over his calling the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School a hoax. The three men and three women on the jury will then receive instructions from the judge and begin deliberating on how much in damages Jones and his company Free Speech Systems should pay relatives of eight victims of the massacre, as well as an FBI agent who responded to the shooting. Jones was found liable for damages last year. The plaintiffs testified they have been harassed by hoax believers, including receiving death and rape threats. Jones has bashed the trial as a “kangaroo court” and is vowing to appeal.
- AREA HS FOOTBALL STANDINGS THROUGH OCT. 1
- MIDDLE SCHOOL ROUNDUP: 7A Lions beat Falcons for 1st win of season
- 12-6A FOOTBALL: Knights pick off Midway in 24-13 defensive battle
- Vikings run away from Bulldawgs, 49-20
- WEEKEND FOOTBALL PREVIEW: 2nd half of season begins for most teams
- Lake Belton beats Shoemaker to maintain share of 22-5A lead
- SEPT. 29-OCT. 1 TEXAS HS FOOTBALL SCORES
- 4-5A-D1: Hudson, Broncos clobber Cleburne 58-27
- MIDDLE SCHOOL ROUNDUP: 7A Cavs blank Rancier 25-0
- SUBVARSITY ROUNDUP: Salado JV girls take top 11 spots in x-country meet
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.