The Burger King on Rancier Drive shut down after a kitchen fire about 12:15 p.m. Tuesday, according to Cory Hall, an investigator with the Killeen fire marshal’s office.

The fire was caused by excessive grease buildup in the exhaust shaft of the fixed fire suppression system, Hall said. No injuries were reported.

Burger King will remain closed until the business meets health department, building department and fire marshal requirements, Hall said.

If the fast-food restaurant successfully passes inspections by the three departments, it will be allowed to reopen, he said.

The fire caused no structural damage to the building.

254-501-7552 | sullivan@kdhnews.com

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.