The Burger King on Rancier Drive shut down after a kitchen fire about 12:15 p.m. Tuesday, according to Cory Hall, an investigator with the Killeen fire marshal’s office.
The fire was caused by excessive grease buildup in the exhaust shaft of the fixed fire suppression system, Hall said. No injuries were reported.
Burger King will remain closed until the business meets health department, building department and fire marshal requirements, Hall said.
If the fast-food restaurant successfully passes inspections by the three departments, it will be allowed to reopen, he said.
The fire caused no structural damage to the building.