The Killeen Police Department conducted a speed enforcement detail Tuesday morning on eastbound lanes of Interstate 14 between the Trimmier Road and W.S. Young Drive overpasses in Killeen. Nine total officers with the traffic unit pulled over motorists in the five-hour detail.
Ofelia Miramontez, KPD spokeswoman, notified residents of the enforcement detail Friday.
There were 151 total violations, and officers responded to two accidents and made one arrest during the detail.
The ticketing numbers from the enforcement detail are:
- 124 speeding violations
- Seven failure to maintain financial responsibility (no insurance)
- Four improper passing of an emergency vehicle
- Four expired registration
- Three failure to change driver’s license address
- Two no driver’s license
- One ran red light
- One failure to display driver’s license
- One failure to dim headlights
- Four warnings issued