Cove house fire

Copperas Cove Fire Department has ruled out one possible cause of an explosion that caused this house fire.

The Copperas Cove Fire Department is still investigating the cause of an explosion that caused a devastating house fire in the 600 block of Judy Lane Tuesday morning.

CCFD spokesman and Deputy Fire Chief Gary Young said it wasn’t natural gas.

“We have ruled out a natural gas leak which was confirmed by Atmos Energy that the home did not have a natural gas account,” Young said via email Wednesday.

The fire sent one man to Baylor Scott & White Medical Center in Temple. His condition is unknown at this time.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.